Very Easy Korean-Style BBQ Recipes
Barbeque or BBQ in short refers to a cooking method and an apparatus. Barbeque is usually close to a smoking way of cooking meat. Each country has their styles in making BBQ. To eat the other’s countries BBQ, we do not have to come to their countries directly. Instead, we can make the BBQ in our kitchen. Here are some Korean BBQ recipes.
Kalbi is known as Korean-style BBQ or short cut ribs.
- 2 pounds of cross-cut short ribs (sliced lengthwise about 1/3 inch thick)
- Scallions (sliced)
- Korean BBQ Marinade
- Take the main ingredients (short ribs) in a resealable plastic bag. Then, pour Korean BBW Marinade over it. Seal the bag. Turn it to coat and chill it for about 3 hours.
- Let it comes to room temperature when the air feels neither hot nor cold before grilling.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- After that, build a medium fire in charcoal grill over a medium high. Grill about 2 till 3 minutes per side.
- Then, transfer it to a platter and let it rest 5 up to 10 minutes. Garnish with scallions.
- Grilled Sliced Brisket
Another Korean BBQ recipe is presented with no seasoning at all. All you have to prepare is just the brisket. Check this out for more detail.
- ½ pound brisket (flat end or point)
- Vegetable oil
- Freeze brisket until frozen solid in the center. It may take 8 hours.
- Then, let the brisket stand at indoor temperature when the air feels neither hot nor cold typically between 20C and 25oC called as room temperature up to 2 hours. Slice brisket 1/8” thick.
- Meanwhile, prepare the grill for high heat. Oil the grate and grill brisket until charred or about 1 minute per side.