Try This Easy Crab Boil Recipe
When I am thinking about lunch dishes to cook in the middle of the day, seafood is the one of the dishes that I am thinking. Seafood is a very good source of protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids. One of my favorite is crab. Beside protein and omega-3, crab also contains selenium, vitamin B2, and others. Totally, it is a healthy food to have in your lunch or dinner. Crab will be perfect to be cooked in boil method. Moreover, you can also make it easily. Do not let yourself to miss this crab boil recipe.
Yields: 4 Servings Ready in: 35 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) light beer
- 1/4 cup seafood seasoning
- 5 bay leaves
- 4 medium ears sweet corn (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 medium red onion (quartered)
- 2 pounds cooked snow crab legs
- Pepper to taste
- Firstly, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a stockpot.
- Then, brown the sausage.
- Stir in the broth, beer, water and seafood seasoning along with bay leaves.
- Next, add in the vegetables too.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then, reduce the heat, simmer uncovered for about 20-25 minutes. Make sure that the potatoes are tender.
- Add crab, heat through.
- Drain and remove the bay leaves.
- Lastly, transfer to a serving bowl.
- Do not forget to season it with pepper.
I write the directions shortly because it seems better and understandable. So, you who are reading this should try this easy crab boil recipe. Tell us in the comment if you made it.