Truly Good Homemade Old Bay Seasoning Recipe
My friends always want to be in my kitchen. Beside they can easily find some food there, they also said that they like to see several jars arranged well on the wall near the cooking corner. Those jars are classic jar that I filled with different homemade seasoning. One of them is the old bay seasoning.
Old bay seasoning is a blend of herbs and spices and it is very popular. It is used to be sprinkled on all seafood, French dries, hamburgers, sandwiches, popcorn, pizza, dips, macaroni, egg, casseroles and so many others even Bloody Mary. You can easily find it in any grocery stores but you can also make it easily in your kitchen within a minute. Here is the old bay seasoning recipe.
You Will Need:
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons ground bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
How to Make It:
- Combine all the ingredients such as ground bay leaves, celery salt, dry mustard, ground black pepper, ground ginger, sweet paprika, ground white pepper, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, ground allspice, crushed red pepper flakes, ground mace and ground cardamom.
Old bay seasoning is not only served over some dishes. It can also be added in some recipes such as steamed blue crabs, shrimp quiche, hot crab dip, pineapple salsa, lamb shanks in red wine, crawfish boil, gratineed scallops and others. It can be concluded that the old bay seasoning is one of several most important seasonings.