The Way Pancake Recipe from Scratch Seems Great
Have you ever wondered about what food from scratch means actually? Well, the definition depends on the person you ask. However, it is known by most of people as healthy method in cooking with some fresh ingredients. In my family, the perspective of food from scratch is homemade food with no ready-to-use ingredients. Almost every food can be made from scratch as well as pancake. The pancake recipe from scratch that I am going to show includes simple ingredients. Let’s get started.
Servings: 8 Ready in: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups (295 ml) milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted), plus more for skillet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the batter first by whisking flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Then, warm the milk in microwave. Whisk the milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract until well combined.
- After the batter is well combined, cook your pancakes. Take a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and then pour the milk mixture into the well. Stir it by using a fork until there are no clumps of the flour.
- Brush your skillet with the melted butter. Spoon the butter into heat skillet by using a ¼-cup measuring cup. Spread the batter into 4-inch circle.
- Don’t forget to turn over the pancake when you see the bubbles appear or around 2 minutes. It is also seem lightly browned and cooked in the middle.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with syrup, berries or butter.