The Only S’mores Dip Recipe You’ll Ever Need
S’mores is so popular in the United States as a traditional nighttime campfire treat. There is even the National S’mores Day that is celebrated annually on August 10. S’mores got its name from a contraction of the phrase “some more”. S’mores consists of a fire-roasted marshmallow and a layer of chocolate sandwiched. Even though it is typically cooked over a campfire, why don’t you bring the flavor you missed indoors? Try this S’mores dip recipe to bring it indoors now.
- 4 ounces chocolate chips (semisweet)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Kosher salt
- Heaping cup of mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers, pretzels, potato chips (dippers)
- In an 8-inch cast-iron skillet, combine the chocolate chips, corn syrup, heavy cream, butter and 1/8 teaspoon salt over medium heat.
- Simmer by stirring the mixture periodically. Simmer it for 6 minutes and stirring frequently. Make sure that you do it until the sauce is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Turn down the heat when the sauce comes to a full boil.
- Then, let it cool at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Next, cover the fudge sauce with a single dense layer of marshmallows.
- Place under the broiler and broil until they are brown. The average time to do it is just 2 or 3 minutes or even less than that. It depends on your broiler.
- Serve it immediately with your favorite dippers.
I keep this S’mores dip recipe as simple as everyone can do it. One thing that you should be careful of is the seventh step. In that step, you have to watch carefully as they may brown more quickly because the different broiler.