The Only One Egg Foo Young Recipe You Need
Egg can be made into various delicious dishes as well as egg foo young. It is an omelette dish that is commonly found in Chinese. Egg foo young is prepared with beaten eggs and most often minced ham along with various vegetables like bean sprouts, cabbage, spring onions mushrooms and else. When you want to make egg foo young, you have to make the egg and the sauce as well, because without the perfect sauce, it will not be egg foo young. Follow the egg foo young recipe below to make the perfect one.
For the Egg Foo Young
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup minced bamboo shoots or 1⁄4 cup celery or 1⁄4 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- 4 water chestnuts (minced)
- 1⁄3–1⁄2 cup slivered cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil or other cooking oil
For the Foo Young Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook the sauce first by heat the broth, soy, sugar and vinegar in a pan. Blend the cornstarch and water in a bowl. Add it to sauce and then cook stirring it until bubbles and thickens. Set aside (you can also cook it at the last).
- For the egg foo young, mix together the eggs, vegetables, meat and soy.
- In a skillet about 4-5 inches, heat 2 tablespoons oil over moderate heat for about 30 seconds.
- Then, add 1/3 cup egg mixture and fry until lightly browned on the bottom. Turn it over and brown the flip side.
- While you fry remaining egg mixture, adding more oil if needed and stirring it first before adding to the pan.
- Serve it with the egg foo young sauce.