The Only Brandy Alexander Recipe You’ll Ever Need
Cocktail is absolutely listed in one of the most people favorite drinks. Cocktail is stimulating liquor mixed with flavoring ingredients. The ingredients may vary depending on the type of cocktail because there are a number of cocktails.
One type of cocktail that we are talking here is the John Lennon’s favorite drink A.K.A the brandy Alexander. It contains cognac and crème de cacao which offers great taste for your dinner especially on cold winter nights. People may simply call it as Alexander and it has been popular throughout the 20th century. You can make this amazing cocktail in just 3 minutes. Let’s give this brandy Alexander recipe a try.
What You Need:
- 1 ½ ounces cognac
- 1 ounce white crème de cacao
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- Ice cubes
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg (for garnish)
Equipments You Need:
- A cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
How to Make:
- Take your cocktail shaker and fill it with the ice cubes.
- Then, add the 1 ½ ounces cognac, 1 ounce crème de cacao and 1 ounce heavy cream.
- Shake well.
- Meanwhile you have to chill your martini glass by placing it inside the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. You can also add cold water and ice to the glass for 5 minutes.
- If you think that you have done with the shaker, strain it into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with the nutmeg to make it perfect.
I am sure that this brandy Alexander recipe is the most understandable recipe for brandy Alexander. One thing that you have to consider is the difference between cream and crème liqueurs. The crème de cacao is not creamy liquor and you have to make sure that you get the right ingredient.