The Best Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
Alike meat, chicken also can be cooked in various styles such as chicken soup in the cold weather, chicken stew, chicken chili and chicken shredded. It is not only delicious to be your main dish but also really good for your health. Chicken is high in protein, amino acid called tryptophan, prevent bone loss and poultry for heart health. Getting bored of chicken soup and else, you can try this sweet and sour chicken recipe.
- 1, 8 ounce can pineapple chunks (drained)
- 2 drops orange food color
- 8 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves (cut 1 inch cubes)
- 2 ¼ cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ¾ cups water (divided)
- 34 white sugar
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 quart vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 green bell pepper (cut into 1 inch)
- Take your saucepan, and combine 1 ½ cups water, sugar, vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, and orange food coloring. Heat it to boiling and turn off heat. Add ¼ cornstarch and ¼ cup water into sauce pan. Stir it slowly until it is combined well.
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, white pepper, egg and salt as you need. Also add 1 ½ cups water gradually. Stir it slowly and add chicken pieces. Stir it well.
- Take you skillet and heat oil on it. Fry the main ingredient, chicken pieces in hot oil for about 10 minutes, until it become gold. Do not forget to drain it on paper towels.
- The last step, layer green peppers, pineapple chunks and cooked chicken pieces on a platter. Pour hot sweet and sour sauce over it.