The Best Pecan Pie Recipe
The most popular sweet dish ever is worth to be taken by pie. Technically, pie is a baked dish usually made of pastry dough contains a filling of various sweet ingredients. One of my family’s favorite pies is the pecan pie especially in long holiday where my siblings are staying home and leaving their own houses for some days.
We consider pecan pie as a pie of pecan nuts that is mixed with a filling of eggs, butter, sugar, syrup and molasses for sure. There may be some variations in making pecan pie and the one I love most is the one I am presenting here. So, here is the best pecan pie recipe.
Yield: 13-16 Slices Ready in: 1 h
- 1 (9-inch pie crust), partially pre-baked
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 2 cups pecans
- In a 9-inch pie pan, pre-bake a pie crust partially. Then heat you oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add in eggs and whisk until smooth.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stirring often until the butter turns fragrant.
- Pour butter into the sugar mixture slowly and whisk to combine.
- Stir in chopped pecans and pour filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes. Make sure that the filling is set. If it is not, you can take another 10-20 minutes baking (remove briefly the pie from oven if the edges of the crust begins to brown in order to cover the crust with a pie crust shield).
- Let it cool before slicing.