Thai Drunken Noodles Recipe
We Safe Link Your File
Do you know pad see ew or originally written as phat si-io? Yea, it is a Thai stir fried noodle dish. I also have written the pad see ew recipe before. So, if you know that, you must be familiar with drunken noodles because they are alike. Drunken noodle is also a stir fried noodle dish but it has different flavor which is normally made with rice noodles, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, meat, tofu and others.
Originally, drunken noodle is appeared in Thailand by Chinese people who live there. This dish is highly recommended for noodles lovers around the world. Are you curious on how to make it? Here is the drunken noodles recipe you can follow.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 (14-ounce) packages ¼-inch-wide flat rice noodles
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 12 garlic cloves (chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Thai chiles
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup black soy sauce
- ¼ cup Golden Mountain sauce or light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 large plum tomatoes (cut into 6 wedges each)
- 4 Anaheim chiles or Italian frying peppers (cut into strips)
- ½ cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the noodles until tender. Make sure that the noodles are not very tender. Stirring frequently and drain.
- In a heavy large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and Thai chiles and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add chicken, fish sauce, black soy sauce, golden mountain sauce and sugar and sauté until the chicken is cooked.
- Add noodles, tomatoes, and Anaheim chiles. Toss to coat and then transfer to a large platter.
- Sprinkle it with basil leaves and serve happily.