Tasty Pork Giniling Recipe
Sauteed ground pork cooked in tomato sauce along with potatoes, carrots and bell peppers is called as Ganiling. When you read this, you may be thinking about Picadillo. Giniling is sometimes also called as Picadillo which is a traditional dish in Spain and many Latin America countries and Philippines. Turns out, it has a bit difference, in which the Picadillo is usually served with fried plantain or banana. Ganiling must be in the one of your cooking list. Give this giniling recipe a try to make a tasty pork giniling.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- 1/8 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Cube the potatoes and carrots. Soak them in a cup of water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Saute onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in ground pork. Saute it till no longer pink.
- Discard water from your potatoes and carrots and add them into the skillet.
- Also add bell peppers.
- Add the particular ingredients of ganiling such as raisins, tomato sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix it well.
- Then, cover your skillet and simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stirring twice till potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Serve warm for the best taste.
This tasty ganiling recipe will be perfect as the one of your lunch menus. Happy cooking!