Tasty Cubed Steak Recipes
Who likes a tender cut of meat? I do, and I am sure that you do too. Cubed steak is a tender cut of beef usually top round or top sirloin. The cut of meat is tenderized by using a meat tenderizer but it will not very tender. Are you looking for delicious cubed steak recipes? Check below.
- Cubed Steak with Mushroom Sherry Sauce
Yield: 4 servings Ready in: 20 m
4 (4-ounce) cube steaks
¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper (divided)
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin oil (divided)
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 large shallot (sliced)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
½ cup dry sherry
½ cup reduced-sodium beef broth
2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Sprinkle the steaks with ½ teaspoon pepper and salt then cook the steaks for about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate and cover.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and add mushrooms, shallot and remaining pepper. Cook stirring for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then, sprinkle with flour and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Bring thyme, sherry and broth to a boil and cook stirring about 3 minutes.
- Remove the heat and stir in sour cream.
- Return the steaks to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.
- Berdean’s Cubed Steak
Yield: 4 servings Ready in: 2 h 15 m
4 (4 ounce) cube steaks
¼ cup all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup vegetableoil
1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Sprinkle the cube steaks with salt and pepper. Pour the flour onto a shallow plate.
- Press the steaks into the flour and shake off the excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the steak for 3 minutes per side.
- Pour water into the skillet and stir the beef bouillon and salt into the water. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender over medium-low heat.