Special Appetizer, Clams Casino Recipe
Are you going to make an appetizer for your dinner party? I prefer you to try clam on the halfshell dish which is called as clams casino like what I did before when I have a dinner party with my close friends. The basic ingredients of this dish include butter, peppers, bacon and garlic. Although it seems special to be an appetizer, it is so simple to make. Give this clams casino recipe a try soon.
- 12 frozen top neck clams (scrubbed)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 12 ounces bacon
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Firstly, place the frozen clams on a rimmed baking sheet on the counter. Wait until they start to open or about 30 minutes. Open and separate the shell halves by using your hands. Cut the still-frozen clam meat from the shell using a knife carefully. Cut the meat in half and place one half on each half shell. Then, move the clams to clean baking sheet. Let them finish thawing overnight in the fridge (loosely covered).
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until brown a bit in a large skillet over low heat. Crumble the bacon once it is cool. Drain ¼ cup bacon grease into a measuring cup and discard the remaining bacon fat.
- Return the remaining 1/4 cup grease to the skillet over medium heat. Then, add onion, pepper and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, crumbled bacon and sauteed vegetables in a large bowl. Then divide the bread crumb mixture among the clams. Press it into a compact mound on top.
- Place an oven rack on the second highest position and then turn on the broiler. Broil that clams for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve.