Simple Ham Glaze Brown Sugar Mustard Recipe
Ham is a great ingredient to cook and to eat. Ham is cannot be said as ham without glaze. In this writing, I am going to show you the special ham glaze recipe brown sugar mustard. However, I am going to show you about several tips when you are working with ham first. Here are the tips.
- Choose a right ham like spinal-cut ham or else as you needed.
- Make shallow cuts (about 1 inch apart) through the skin of the ham. This step is called as scoring.
- Bake ham uncovered over 350 degrees F but hams that weight more than 8 pounds should be loosely covered with foil.
Ham glaze will be perfect if it combine with brown sugar mustard. Notice the following recipe.
- 1 shankless skinless smoked cured ham.
- Whole cloves for studding ham
- ¼ cup mustard (prepared)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Alike other recipes, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, score the top of the ham into diamond and stud center of each diamond with a clove.
- Then, place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake it for 1 ½ hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, mustard and vinegar and spread glaze evenly over the ham.
- Bake it for 35 minutes further.
- Then, transfer the ham to a platter and let it stand 15 minutes before serving.
This ham glaze recipe brown sugar mustard is believed as the simplest one. Everyone can make it I bet. You can also do a variation of the glaze by choosing ham steak. Simply combine cloves, sugar and mustard and brush over your ham steak. Then bake it until heated through.