Simple Ginger Chicken Soup Recipe
During the winter or when you have a cold, it will be so good if you eat some warm food such as soup. One really good meal is ginger chicken soup with vegetables. Turns out, it is so easy to make and healthy. Everyone can follow this simple chicken soup recipe, I bet. Here is the recipe special for you!
- 1 small red onion (sliced thinly)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
- 3 tablespoons ginger grated fresh ginger
- 2 medium parsnips (peeled and chopped)
- 2 32-ounce containers low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced thinly)
- 1 medium turnip (peeled and chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/s cup frozen peas
- 4 scallions (sliced)
- 4 biscuits (optional)
- 2 pound rotisserie chicken
- First, simply heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. You can also use Dutch oven. Then, add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook it, stirring, until it is fragrant or 1 up to 2 minutes.
- Next step, add the broth. Then, stir the parsnips, carrots, turnip, celery and ½ tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil. Make sure that you reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender. It can be around 15 up to 20 minutes.
- While then, shred the chicken meat using a fork or your fingers. Try to discarding the skin and bones.
- The last step, add the chicken, peas, and scallions to your saucepan. Cook it until heated through 3 or 4 minutes. Optionally, you can serve with the biscuits.
This chicken soup recipe is easy to make, isn’t it? Turns out, the entire ingredients in this soup is so good for your body such as chicken which contains cysteine that helps thin mucus in the lungs. Happy cooking!