Simple Chicken Breast Crock Pot Recipes
One useful tool that must be available in your kitchen is crock pot. Crock pot is also called as slow cooker. It is a countertop electrical cooking appliance used to simmer at a low temperature. Cooking with crock pot will take many hours. A wide variety of dishes can be prepared by crock pot. One of them is chicken breast. Here are two simple chicken breast crock pot recipes.
- Salsa Chicken
4 chicken breasts (trimmed)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups salsa
2 cups rice (cooked, for serving)
¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Firstly, spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then, place 4 chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Top them with 2 cups of salsa.
- Cover it and cook for 4-5 hours.
- After 4-5 hours passed, top the chicken breasts with cheddar cheese. Then, continue to cook for 1-2 hours. Make sure that the cheese is very melted and the chicken is tender.
- Top with cilantro and serve over rice you prepared before.
- Chicken Noodle Soup
1 pound chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced)
1 ½ cups yellow onion (dice)
1 cup celery
2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme (chopped)
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
2 bay leaves
8 cups chicken stock (unsalted)
8 ounce wide egg noodles
½ cup Italian parsley leaves (chopped)
- Combine chicken, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, chicken stock and bay leaves to your slow cooker.
- Cook it for 3 ½ hours on high setting or 5 1/w hours on low.
- Then, shred the kitchen into smaller pieces.
- Add pasta to the slow cooker and cook on high setting for 25-30 minutes.
- Add shredded back to the slow cooker and cook for 5 minutes.