Popular Beef Panang Curry recipe
From its name, you may notice that it is not originally from U.S. Panang curry is a Thai curry that is thick, salty and sweet completed with a nutty peanut flavor. Panang curry is usually made with coconut milk, palm sugar, panang curry paste, kaffir lime leaves and others. The most popular panang curry dish is the beef panang curry. You can find it in certain restaurants but you can also make it easily at home. Give this popular beef panang curry recipe to get the best panang curry ever.
- 2 lbs beef (cubed)
- 4 ounces panang curry paste
- 2 red chilies
- ½ teaspoon ginger (crushed)
- 16 ounces coconut milk (thick)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass (finely shredded)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Brown the beef until it is no longer pink outside. Remove it from heat immediately and drain the beef.
- It is time to work with the paste. Heat the curry paste and add ginger, garlic and chili. Then, add 2/3 coconut milk. Stir it until well-combined.
- After that, add all remaining spices and mix in the rest of the coconut milk.
- Add sugar in and stir it well.
- Add the brown beef and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- You can also use the remaining coconut milk in the can to cook with your rice or make dessert to complete this popular dish.
This panang curry will be the most perfect dish to have for lunch. This recipe is written as easy as everyone can do it individually at his/her home. So, what are you waiting for? Get the ingredients quickly, follow the directions and enjoy your own panang curry happily.