P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
To begin with, let us talk about the P.F. Chang’s. The P.F. Chang’s is Chinese restaurant chain in the United States. It has founded in 1993 and it operates 204 restaurants in the United States. So, it can be said that any American knows this restaurant. It is also known as P.F. Chang’s China Bistro.
It has some dishes in its menu list. One great dish is lettuce wraps and I am such a fan of this dish. It is not only delicious but also low in carbs that will not destroy my diet (not really diet actually, LOL). P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps can be made in just 20 minutes or even less if you are great in kitchen. Here is the P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts (drained and diced)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Then, add the ground chicken and cook it until browned or about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the excess fat.
- After that, stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and Sriracha. Cook them until the onions become translucent. It takes time about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the chestnuts and green onions also until tender or about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the center of a lettuce leaf, place several tablespoons of the chicken mixture.
- Serve it happily.