Oven Method Crouton Recipe
If you think that bread can only be made into sandwich or other sweet meals, you are wrong. Crouton is a creative dish which is made of a piece of sauteed or rebaked bread to add flavor to salads or accompaniment to soups and stews. Besides, it is also great to be spent as a snack. Because it is just accompaniment or snack dish, it can be made easily within several minutes. It can be cooked in two different ways such as oven method and skillet method. Let me show you the easy one, oven method crouton recipe.
Yield: 12 servings Ready in: around 20 minutes
- 15 slices bread
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- Firstly, preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Let’s work with the slices bread. Remove the crusts from your stale bread slices.
- After that, brush the bread on both sides with melted butter that you have prepared before.
- Cut the bread slices up into small cubes like usual size of crouton (I’m sure you know).
- Sprinkle with garlic salt for the best result.
- Then, arrange the cubes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake them at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes until browned.
- Let them cool for a second and then store the croutons in a covered container or plastic bag.
- Serve it along with the main dishes such as soups or salads or spend it alone.
You can also make homemade crouton in skillet method which is also simple. However, the oven method is popular because it is the easiest. You may be wondering what will be the best kind of bread to use in this crouton recipe. Well, you can use crusty loaf such as sourdough, boule or ciabatta.