Old Fashioned Drink Recipe
I really want to drink a glass of cocktail. It is just because I do not really drink and eat tomorrow. I got so many things to do and I did not really have time to eat and drink. So, today is my party. From all cocktail, I chose the old fashioned to be drunk today.
The Wikipedia informs that the old fashion drink is a cocktail made by muddling sugar with bitters, adding alcohol like brandy or whiskey. It is served in the special glass called old fashioned glass. The glass is short and round.
Alike other cocktail, to make the old fashioned drink is just a piece of cake. You can make it in just several minutes. Let’s go to the old fashioned drink recipe below.
You Will Need:
- 1 scant teaspoon simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters (plus more to taste)
- 1 half dollar–sized slice orange peel (including pith)
- 2 ounces good-quality rye or bourbon
- 1 maraschino cherry
How to Make It:
- Prepare an old fashioned glass and combine the simple syrup and bitters into it.
- Fill that glass halfway with ice and then stir about a dozen times. Add enough ice to fill the glass.
- Squeeze orange peel over the glass to extract oils. Add peel to glass and then add the whiskey.
- Let it cool and stir if the drink is cold and alcoholic bite has softened. Stir about a dozen times.
- Garnish it with cherry, swizzle stick and cute straw.
I am glad that I had enjoyed a glass of old fashioned several hours ago. I often mix it with several dishes which are perfect to be spent with the old fashioned drink. Those are grilled barbeque chicken wings, pork tenderloin, and roasted almonds along with paprika and orange.