Muddy Buddy Recipe A.K.A Puppy Chow
Besides main course, snack is absolutely something that we need. There is a lot of snack and muddy buddy is the one. Unlike another snack, muddy buddy is a homemade snack made in the U.S. Muddy buddy is also known as puppy chow or muddy munch. Its name and the ingredients vary depending on the version but most of the recipes include cereal, melted chocolate and peanut butter. Muddy buddy is often served in special event like holidays but it is also great to spend daily. In addition, it is also so easy to make. So, here is the muddy buddy recipe.
You Will Need:
- 1 box rice chex (12 oz)
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 0z)
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag powdered sugar (2 lb)
- Place the whole box of the chex cereal, the main ingredients, in a very large bowl. The size of the bowl must be right, if you do not have the large one, you can use a garbage bag. Set is aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave safe bowl, place the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave it for 60 seconds. Then, stir it until smooth. You can take the additional 30 seconds to microwave it if you find that the chocolate chips have not melted enough yet. After it is completely melted, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the chex cereal and stir in gently by using spatula. Here, you do not have to mix it too much. What I mean is do not over mix.
- Pour in the powdered sugar as desired and until the chex white.
- Store it in an airtight container.