Lemon Drop Martini Recipe
I have written martini recipe here so I am going to write the lemon drop martini recipe. The term lemon drop and the lemon drop martini may be confusing for some people. It is alike but not really same. The lemon drop martini is considered as the perfect combination of sweet and sour. It is perfect for any condition.
The idea of the lemon drop is really great. The lemon drop martini was the favorite drink of the West Coast. It is exist since 1970s until now. This drink is developed at now defunct bar which is called Henry Africa’s in San Francisco.
You Will Need:
- White sugar
- 1 long strip of lemon zest
- 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger citron vodka
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce sweet and sour mix
- 1 cup crushed ice
How to Make It:
- Moisten the edges of your martini glass with a little lime juice. Dip the moistened edges into sugar. Then, place the lemon zest strip in glass.
- After that, combine vodka, lime juice, sweet and sour mix, and ice in a shaker. Shake it vigorously.
- Strain into the martini glass.
One thing you need to remember is that a glass of martini and a glass or lemon drop martini are different. If you want to make the martini, you have to care of these things:
- The vermouth is a must since it can lower the overall alcohol levels in your martini drink.
- Stir the mixture instead of shaking it. It may sound weird but it will offer you the best martini ever.
- You can add lemon also into your martini instead of olives.
- Try to do not use vodka. You can only use gin and the taste will surprisingly better.