Lamb Chop Recipe
Getting bored with beef and pork, you can try lamb. Lamb is the meat of domestic sheep. Interestingly, lamb can only be got from a sheep that is in its first year. If the sheep is older than one year, it is commonly called hogget. Then, the meat from adult sheep is called mutton. Lamb is the best and the most expensive between the three. The lamb will be a perfect ingredient to make a meat chop.
Lamb chop is referred to a cut of lamb cut perpendicularly to the spine. It is usually containing a rib part of a vertebra. Lamp chop is a great dish for your lunch and dinner as well. It can be cooked with several other ingredients such as rosemary and garlic. Let’s have a look on the lamb chop recipe below.
- 18 small lamb rib chop
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped) or 2 tablespoons rosemary (dried).
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, 1 ½ tablespoons chopped rosemary or 2 tablespoons the dried one and the red pepper.
- Then, rub ¼ teaspoon mixture over each side of the chop.
- Sprinkle the chops with salt to taste and then place on plate.
- Cover them and refrigerate for 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
- In a large skillet, the heavy one, heat 1½ tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add 9 chops to the skillet and cook as your desire doneness. It commonly takes 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer them to a platter and then cover with foil.
- Repeat with remaining oil and remaining chops.
- For the last, garnish platter with rosemary sprigs.