Delicious IHOP Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
I am sure that you have known what IHOP is. In case you forget, let me remind it. IHOP stand for International House of Pancakes. That is American multinational pancake house family restaurant which specialized in breakfast foods. Besides, IHOP also offers a menu of lunch and dinner but the famous one is IHOP pancake. So, we are here to tell you IHOP pancake recipe that you can make in your own kitchen. Let’s get started.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, + 2 up to 4 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, + more for the pan
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Syrup (for serving)
- Take a bowl, choose it in the suitable size and place the flour, the 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder, 2 ½ sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda into it. Whisk them to mix.
- Then, add the 1 ½ buttermilk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and 1 lightly beaten egg. Mix all ingredients with a spoon until smooth. You can add more buttermilk if your batter seems to be too thick while you are cooking the pancakes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Brush it with a little oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour in batter until it spreads to the desired size. Before you turn the pancake over, let the batter start to show small bubbles on the top.
- Cook the pancakes until golden on both sides and serve it warm with your favorite syrup.
This IHOP pancake recipe will guide you to make about nine 4”-5” pancakes. You can enjoy it whether as breakfast or even dinner. Enjoy!