Hummingbird Food without Food Coloring Recipe
There are a number of birds in this world but the famous one is hummingbird. Hummingbirds are birds from the Americas. Hummingbirds are among smallest of birds measuring 7.5-13 cm only. This kind of birds got their name by their humming sound. That sound created by their beating wings which flap at high frequencies.
Their feather colors are also beautiful. In the wild, hummingbirds are extracting nectar by visiting flowers. Nectar includes 55% sucrose, 24% glucose and 2% fructose. Making hummingbird food yourself is really easy. Here is the hummingbird food recipe.
- 4 cups water (filtered)
- 1 cup regular white sugar (organic one)
- Bring the water that you have prepared to a boil.
- Take the water off the heat and add the sugar.
- Stir to dissolve completely.
- Let it cool and place in your clean hummingbird feeder and hang outside for the birds.
That is all. You can just make it in a blink of an eye. This hummingbird food recipe is believed as the best sugar to water ratio without any food coloring intake. You also have to consider some tips in feeding your hummingbird.
- Change the food regularly at least every three or five days. It is a way to keep the food fresh.
- Make sure that the hummingbird feeder is always clean. Clean it by rinsing with warm water. Then, you can put a few drops of bleach into the water inside the feeder. Clean with a bottle brush. Using only the fresh water and let it dry well.
- Also checking the hummingbird feeder. If any gray mold has formed inside the feeder base, throw the bird food away. It is not good for the hummingbird at all. Make sure that the hummingbirds never drink such a dirty food.