How to Make the Perfect Penne Alla Vodka
Have you ever imagined eating pasta that is made with vodka and heavy cream? So, here you are, penne alla vodka is a pasta dish made with vodka and penne pasta. It is usually made with crushed tomatoes or sausage. Penne alla vodka frequently appears on Italian American restaurant menus but it is seldom on any menu in Italy. Although its name sounds like Italian dish, the exact origins of penne alla vodka are unclear. However, the test is clearly tasty. Give this penne alla vodka recipe a try to make your own pasta at home.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 cup thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 can whole tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup vodka
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare a wide pot that is big enough to hold all the pasta. Then, melt the butter.
- Add garlic and cook it until golden brown.
- Stir in the prosciutto and cook for a minute or may be two.
- After that, add the tomatoes, crushed pepper, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the cream and cook for 2 minutes. Make sure that you are stirring a lot.
- After 2 minutes, add the vodka and cook until the smell of the vodka is no longer strong or cook it for about 3-5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta. Follow the direction on the box.
- Then, add your pasta to the wide pot with sauce and mix them until it is all coated over the pasta.
- Toss with the cheese.
- Serve it immediately for the best taste.