Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe
Cooking is cannot be apart with seasoning. Seasoning itself is the process of adding salt, spices or herb to food in order to enhance the flavor. No food will be tasty without seasoning. Seasoning is made and sold in so many instant packs but we can also make it in our own kitchen. One very popular seasoning is taco seasoning.
Taco seasoning can be added to make some kinds of foods such as oven tacos, taco rice and cheese, beef taco boats, chicken tacos, shrimps tacos and so many others. Taco is a traditional Mexican dish that has so many delicious variants. A taco is commonly eaten with garnishes such as salsa or chili pepper, avocado, onions and many others. To make taco seasoning is so easy. Here is the taco seasoning mix recipe.
- 2 teaspoons instant onion (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon cumin (ground)
- ½ teaspoon instant garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a small bowl, combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Spoon the mixture you make onto 6-inch square of aluminum foil and fold to make airtight.
- Label it as Taco Seasoning Mix.
- Store in a cool, dry place and use it within 6 months.
Making this taco seasoning mix recipe will help you to cook easier because you can shorten time. In addition, this seasoning can give a best taste to your foods. You just have to sprinkle on ground beef or chicken to use it. 1 packet of store bought taco seasoning is same as 3 tablespoons of your taco seasoning mix homemade. I hope this is what you are looking for.