Homemade Pickled Egg Recipe
I love seeing a jar which is full of shell-removed eggs called pickled egg. Pickle egg was the first thing I saw when I went to my kitchen. Pickled egg is hard boiled eggs that are cured in vinegar. It can be said that pickled egg is a way to preserve the food so that it could be eaten for months later.
The pickled egg may taste different depending on the pickling solution. Some people say that it is not good to eat can pickled eggs that are usually sold in grocery store. This opinion is not really true. Nothing is wrong in consuming the pickled egg as long as you make it yourself (homemade) and you know how many eggs you can safety eat for a day or week. Have a look on this pickled egg recipe.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (peeled)
- 1 large empty sterilized glass jar
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- Firstly, in a large jar, put in the peeled hardboiled eggs.
- Boil the other ingredients together for about 5 minutes.
- Then, pour over the eggs in the jar.
- Cover it and leave on counter overnight. Keeps in refrigerator for weeks.
There are also several things to remember if you still want to eat the healthy pickled eggs such as:
- Use the eggs that are in perfect condition only or you will be upset.
- Make sure that you wash the eggs with at least 20 degrees hotter than the eggs.
- Make sure that the jar is clean and sterilized.
- If you are a person who always plunge the boiled eggs in ice water to peel it, you have to reheat them before transfer them into a jar.