Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes
The fact, foods affect our health. It can be either good or bad. From that fact, eating healthy dishes is vital. Healthy dish can be made from ground turkey. From its name, it is clear that ground turkey is a mixture of dark and light turkey meat with remaining skin and visible fat. Ground turkey can be healthy if you make it well and combine it with another healthy food such as green beans and other vegetables. Here are the healthy ground turkey recipes.
- Ground Turkey with Green Beans
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon clove garlic (minced)
- ½ cup onions (diced)
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1 ½ cup green beans (chopped)
- ¾ cup tomato juice
- Salt and ground fresh black pepper
- Crushed red pepper (a pinch)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Then, add the ground turkey and break it up until small pieces.
- Add in the onion and garlic when the turkey is almost cooked through. Stir it occasionally and properly. Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Simply add yellow peppers, green beans and tomato sauce.
- Cover it and cook until tender.
- To taste, add the salt, pepper and red pepper. Serve immediately.
- Avocado Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs (in case the patties are extra moist)
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients without the bread crumbs. Mix together. If you feel like the patties are too moist and you will have a trouble to stay it together, add 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- Shape the mixture into patties and grill.