Great Clotted Cream Recipe
When you want to make any cream tea or ice cream, you absolutely need clotted cream. But the fact, clotted cream can be used in plenty of different dishes. Not everyone realizes that it can be used to mashed potatoes and garlic mushrooms to complete your main dish.
Then, if we talk about the ingredient, it will be just one ingredient: heavy cream. Technically, clotted cream is a thick cream made by indirectly heating of heavy cream. The process includes cool it down in the fridge over night to make the content rises to the surface and forms clots. You are highly recommended to have this wonderful cream at home. Make sure you cook it yourself too and follow this clotted cream recipe properly.
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Firstly, pour the heavy cream into a huge non reactive frying-pan. Make sure that you use a huge one because it will help you to create as much surface area as possible.
- Place that frying-pan on the stove and set to the lowest possible setting. If you are using a gas stove, make sure that you use a heat diffuser.
- A thick layer will have formed on the surface of the cream after about one hour. Then, scrapped it off with a non-slotted spoon. Transfer to a bowl and keep the top of the fat layer facing upwards.
- Repeat the same step three or even more until most of the cream has thickened and been scraped into bowl.
- Next, transfer the clotted cream to a tightly sealed container. After that, you need to refrigerate it over night to get cream which you can spread onto a baked scone.
After following those 5 steps of this clotted cream recipe, I am sure that you have the best clotted cream ever.