Fried Pickle Recipe
Snack is cannot be apart with fried pickle. Fried pickle is a snack food made by deep-frying sliced battered dill pickles and with ranch or other creamy sauce for dipping. This kind of snack is usually served at food festivals and menus of individual and chain restaurants in the United States.
This snack can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish to accompany other dishes. Although it is usually served in the restaurant, it is not impossible to make the friend pickle yourself at home. Give this fried pickle recipe a try and you will have the best fried pickle ever.
12 large pickle spears (drained and patted dry)
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
2 c. panko
Vegetable oil (for frying)
1/4 c. Ranch dressing (for serving)
1 tbsp. Hot sauce, (for serving)
- In the first step, you have to work on the pickles. Slice the pickle spears lengthwise into thirds or quarters. The slicing is depending on how thick they are.
- Whisk together flour and garlic powder in a medium bowl. In a separate medium bowl, put the eggs. In other medium bowl, put the panko. So, now, you have three medium bowls.
- Dredge the pickle spears in the flour mixture first and toss it in the second bowl, the eggs then dredge in panko.
- Then, mix together ranch and hot sauce. Set aside until ready to serve.
- It is time to fry your pickles. In a large oil, pour about 1 ½ vegetable oil over medium heat. Add 3 to 4 pickle spears to the hot oil using tongs. Cook them until they are golden brown.
- Place the fried pickles on a cooling rack with paper towels and serve immediately.