Famous Korean Recipes
Korea is famous by its singer and drama. Unconsciously, the Korean foods are also well known and they are often showed in the drama and Korean movies. The national food of Korea is Kimchi. Korean foods including kimchi seem different and tasty. Fortunately, you can taste the Korean foods not only in its country but also in your own kitchen. Here are famous Korean recipes you can try.
- Kimchi Ramen
1 cup kimchi (with juice, sliced)
2 packs instant ramen
4 oz. mushrooms
2 large eggs
4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons Korean hot pepper paste
1 teaspoon Korean chili powder
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- Boil a pot of water. Then, lower to a bubbling simmer.
- Dropping each egg gently in the water for 4 to 5 minutes in order to poach the eggs. Remove and set aside.
- Next, heat the same pot, add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Simply add the kimchi, pepper paste, chili powder and also ramen. Add the mushroom and sesame oil only if the ramen is about half done. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer the noodles to bowls and top them with the poached eggs and scallions.
3 lbs Flanken-style short ribs
1 Asian pear
1/2 a white onion
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup citrus soda
1 freshly grated ginger
1/4 cup sesame oil
3 cloves garlic (minced)
2 sesame seeds
1/4 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup minced green onion
- In a large casserole dish, place ribs and fill it with water until covered. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes and pour off the water and rinse the ribs and dish.
- Return the ribs to the casserole dish. Then, grate the flesh or an Asian pear and half of an onion over the ribs. Add all remaining ingredients to the ribs and stir it. Cover it and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat and cook the ribs for 3-4 minutes for each side.