Easy Pound Cake Recipe
Being bored of the pancake, let us try to make pound cake. I’m not going to compare the pancake and pound cake because there is a big difference between them. Pound cake is a type of cake that is made with a pound of each of its main ingredients. It is usually baked in loaf pan and served dusted with powdered sugar or lightly glazed. There are numerous variations of pound cake but most of them can be made easily although it takes several hours. I am going to show you the easy pound cake recipe that I have tried.
Yield: 12 servings Ready in: 4 Hour
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups butter (softened)
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup milk
- Powdered sugar
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the bottom, side and the tube of 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan with shortening, lightly flour.
- Beat the granulated sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl by using electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds. Scraping the bowl constantly.
- Then, beat on high speed for 5 minutes. Scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in all-purpose flour gradually. Beat in the milk alternately.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Make sure that you bake it until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- After that, remove from pan to cooling rack and cool down for 15 minutes. Cool it completely for about 2 hours.
- Lastly, sprinkle the top of it with powdered sugar.
Using the real butter is one surprising key on making a great pound cake. Besides, the best place to store the pound cake must be at room temperature with an airtight cover. Happy cooking!