Easy Healthy Salmon Patty Recipe
Salmon is known as a great source of protein. Salmon contains high B vitamins, potassium and antioxidant astaxanthin that are best in reducing the risk of heart disease and controlling weight. Besides, salmon is so delicious to eat. Salmon is usually served boneless in patty form. Once we see salmon patty in a plate, we usually recognize it easily. Here is a salmon patty recipe that you can make in a simple way.
- 12 ounces skinless boneless salmon
- ½ medium onion (chopped)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (seasoned)
or you can use ½ cup breadcrumbs (plain)
- ¼ cup parsley (chopped), this is optional
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt as you need
- pepper as you need
- Firstly, saute onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute it until cooked through but not really brown.
- Prepare the salmon. Drain any liquid from the salmon.
- Combine all the ingredients such as sauteed onion, salmon, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Melt butter you have prepared and oil in a pan.
- Brown the salmon patties on both sides. It takes 4 up to 5 minutes per side.
- After that, excess the oil first by placing cooked patties on a paper towels.
- Enjoy the salmon patty.
That is all about an easy and healthy salmon patty recipe. If you are interested in removing the pin bones of salmon by yourself, you can do it in several ways such as:
- Lay the fillet on a cutting board.
- Run your fingers lightly along the length of the fillet to feel the bones.
- When you find one, recognize how it is just one in a line ot protruding from the flesh.
- The last step, use your pliers to grasp the tip and pull it out at an angle.