Easy Corn Muffin Recipe
If you are a cupcake lover, you may love muffin as well. Cupcakes and muffins are similar in size and cooking methods. Muffins are available in savory varieties such as cornmeal and cheese muffins and in sweet varieties like chocolate chip or banana flavor that are best to be eaten in the morning as your breakfast.
Muffins are sold in bakeries, donut shops and some fast food restaurants or even at grocery stores and convenience stores. However, you who are reading this article are not going to buy it at any store but you want to make it. So, here is the corn muffin recipe that will not make you upset.
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, line a muffin pan with paper liners. But, it will be better to spray it with non-stick cooking spray because your muffins will crisp on the edges.
- Whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Take another large bowl and break up the eggs with a whisk. Then, whisk in the honey and then the milk.
- Add the milk mixture and the melted butter to the dry ingredients. Stir it well until blended but do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin pan.
- Next, filling each cup almost full.
- Bake them for 17 to 20 minutes, until the tops are set and golden.
- Cool the muffins for a few minutes before serve it.