Easy and Simple Carne Guisada Recipe
Are you interested with carne guisada? Are you going to make it? It will be perfect if you know more about carne guisada first before you serve it. The carne guisada is simply a beef stew. In specific, it is a traditional Latin beef stew that is kicked up with cumin, jalapenos and chili powder. The first step in making this dish is actually same as any other beef stew and it is not complicated to make it. I bet that you are curious now. So, here is the carne guisada recipe that you are looking for.
Ingredients for the carne guisada:
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon comino
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup flour
Ingredients for garnish:
- Chopped onion
- Flour tortilla
- Cilantro (stems removed)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Brown the beef: Alike the others beef stew recipe, you have to brown the beef in a large cast iron dutch oven.
- Then, add onion and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- After the onions are translucent, add stock, chili powder, comino, salt and also pepper.
- Next, bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 hours until the beef is very tinder.
- Take another skillet and mix flour and oil together to form a roux over medium high heat until a dark beige color. It takes time around 5 minutes.
- Add the roux to the stewed beef carefully.
- Then, bring it back to a simmer and thicken for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve it with a fresh cilantro, chopped onions, shredded cheese and sour cream for the garnish.