Easiest Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Slow cooker has also been said as Crock-Pot is a countertop electrical cooking appliance that is used to simmer at a lower temperature than other cooking methods like boiling, baking and frying. The best thing to cook in this method is chicken. But technically, we cannot exactly cook the same recipes that we can do for other cooking methods in slow cooker without any modifications. So, the recipe will be a little bit different. Make sure that you use the right one. Here, we are going to show you the easiest slow cooker chicken recipe casserole.
- 600ml (1 pt) chicken stock
- 4 carrots
- 20g split peas
- 20g marrow fat peas
- 2 large potatoes (diced)
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley, rosemary and thyme
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 40g pearl barley
- In the first step, you just have to chop the carrots you prepared, onion and garlic. Add them to a medium hot pan for 5 minutes. Then, add your diced potatoes and herbs. Cook for another 5 minutes and then add to slow cooker.
- Take your frying pan and brown the chicken for about 5 minutes. After that, add it to slow cooker immediately.
- Also add the bay leaves, salt and pepper, barley, marrowfat, split peas and stock to the slow cooker. Cook them on high for 3 up to 4 hours on low 8 hours.
It is ready to be served then. You can serve it with roast puddings, stuffing or bread and butter. This slow cooker chicken recipe also goes to eat for lunch or even dinner. Turns out, it is so easy to make. Happy cooking!