Delicious New Year’s Appetizer Recipes
Every special event needs a special dish! New Year party is a nice event that is usually celebrated with fireworks and special delicious appetizer. Start your meal off right with these delicious New Year’s appetizer recipes.
- Mini Shepherd’s Pies
1/2 pound ground beef
1/3 cup onion (finely chopped)
1/4 cup celery (finely chopped)
3 tablespoons carrot (finely chopped)
1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2/3 cup beef broth
1/3 cup frozen petite peas
2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry (thawed)
3 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat your oven first to 400 degrees. Then, cook the beef, onion, celery and carrot in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook them until the beef is no longer pink. Drain it.
- Stir in the flour, thyme, salt, nutmeg and pepper until blended. Also add the broth gradually. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Stir in the peas, heat though and set aside.
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut 12 circles from each sheet. Press the circles onto the bottoms and then up the sides of ungreased muffin cups, the small ones.
- Fill the cups with 1-1/2 teaspoons beef mixture pipe with 1 tablespoon mashed potatoes and bake 13-16 minutes.
- Spicy Shrimp Salsa
1/2 pound cooked shrimp (peeled, deveined and chopped)
1 large tomato (chopped)
1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
3 radishes (chopped)
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
- One only thing that you have to do just combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until serving.
- Then, it is ready to be served. You can serve it with chips.