Cheese Enchilada Recipe
Enchilada is referred to a corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a chili pepper sauce originated in Mexico. This dish can be filled with a variety of ingredients such as meat, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables and else. The enchilada that we are going to make here is the cheese enchilada. It will be the best dish to cheese lovers. Here is the cheese enchilada recipe you can try at home.
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (16 ounces)
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided, 10 ounces)
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 16 flour tortillas (warmed, 8 inches)
- Shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives and additional sour cream (optional, for toppings)
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then combine first six ingredients in your large saucepan. Bring it to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer it an uncovered until thickened. Don’t forget o stir it occasionally.
- Then, mix the sour cream, salt and pepper and parsley. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese along with 2 cups cheddar cheese and onions. After that, spread 2 tablespoons sauce over each tortilla. Top each of it with about 1/3 cup cheese mixture and roll it up. Prepare two greased baking dishes and place it. Pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Let is uncovered. Sprinkle with your remaining cheddar cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted. Then, serve it with toppings if desired.