Brussels Sprout with Nutty and Buttery Flavor Recipe
Before we work on the recipe of Brussels sprout, let’s get to know more about it first. Brussels sprout look like miniature cabbages sized 2.5-4 cm for each. Scientifically, the Brussels sprout is a member of the Gemmifera Group of cabbages. The Brussels sprout is one of the good healthy diet foods.
There are many benefits of consuming Brussels sprout. Firstly, Brussels sprout contains antioxidant that offers protective benefits to your health. It is also high in fiber that will be so good in encouraging regular bowel movements. Besides, it is also contains vitamin C and folate. Totally, it offers benefits that can boost your overall heath. Brussels sprout can be made into several dishes but the best Brussel sprout recipe is by combining it with garlic butter. Let’s get started.
- 15 Brussels sprouts (halved lengthwise)
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic (smashed with the flat of a knife)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter along with olive oil over medium-high heat. Melt it until the butter is foamy.
- Then, reduce the heat to medium. At that time, add smashed garlic and cook them until lightly browned.
- Remove the garlic and discard.
- Add the main ingredients (sprouts cut side down), cover it and cook without stirring on medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes. Cook it until tender.
- The sprouts should get really nice and browned with a nutty, buttery flavor by garlic.
- Top them with salt and pepper to taste. Add freshly grated parmesan too if desired.
This Brussel sprout recipe is great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just by itself. In addition, it is also easy and fast to make. Happy cooking!