Best Recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies
What is in your mind when you read the word “peanut”? Is it something that makes you fat? Seriously? Well, you have to realize that it is totally a myth! In contrast, peanuts can help you to lose your weight. It is so beneficial to our health. The p-coumaric acid property in peanuts is also beneficial to heart healthy. Having a spoonful of peanuts can lower your risk of cancer, protects you from Alzheimer’s disease, prevents gallstones, lower risk of diabetes and also promotes strong bones.
Peanut will be better if you make it into peanut butter cookies. You will get not only a delicious sweet taste but also all of the benefits of peanut. Let’s have a look on this recipe for peanut butter cookies.
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar or ¼ cup honey
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Take a large mixing bowl and beat butter peanut and butter with an electric mixer over medium to high speed. Beat it for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder into it. Beat it again until well-combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well-combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer then stir in any remaining flour.
- Cover the dough and chill it about 1 hour if necessary.
- Then, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in additional granulated sugar to coat and place balls 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Flatten the balls by making crisscross marks on the top using the fork.
- Bake it for 7 or 9 minutes. Then, let them cool and transfer to a wire rack.