Best Mac and Cheese Recipe You Need
Macaroni is one variety of dry pasta. Macaroni is well-known by its taste and its shape. Although there are various shapes and sizes of macaroni, this dry pasta is traditionally shaped into narrow tubes. If we are talking about pasta, several health benefits can we get from it. Pasta provides beneficial carbohydrate and a source of folate and carotenoids. Macaroni will be so good if we combine it with cheese. Here is the best mac and cheese recipe that you need.
- 8 oz. macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 ½ cups 2% milk
- 3 cups grated medium cheddar cheese
- Firstly, boil your pasta until al dente. Read the package directions. Drain it and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking. Then, return it to the pan you boiled it in.
- Then, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. When it melts, add the flour, salt, dry mustard, pepper and 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika. Stir it constantly with a spoon or a whisk for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the milk in a thin stream, stirring constantly about 10-12 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cups of the cheese. Stirring it until melt. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and toss gently.
- Then, add half of the pasta to a casserole dish. Use the half of the cheese to sprinkle then dust with the smoked paprika.
- Bake it for about 25-30 minutes until it starts getting a tiny bit brown on the top.
- It is ready to be served.