Best Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe
Mac and cheese or macaroni and cheese is a dish consisting of cooked macaroni pasta and cheese sauce like crumbs, meat and vegetables. It is baked in the oven traditionally. It is also common in the United States. Why don’t you quickly follow this homemade mac and cheese recipe below?
Ready in: 50 Minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook the macaroni first by following the directions on the package. Then, drain.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux and then add milk to roux slowly. Stir it occasionally. Then, stir in the cheeses and turn the heat into low. Do it until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thick a little. Put the macaroni in a large casserole dish. Pour sauce over macaroni and stir well.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and margarine over medium heat. Then add and brown the bread crumbs.
- Then, spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle it also with paprika.
- Bake to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C for around 30 minutes and serve.
There are some secrets for the best homemade mac and cheese recipe you should consider. They are:
- Use the enough amount of cheese. Alike its name, the important ingredient to make this dish is the cheese. So, get the right amount of cheese or even more.
- Use the right kind of pasta. The pasta suggested above is the best.
- Do not overcooking the pasta.