Best Guac Recipe
Who likes avocado? I bet that you who are reading this article love avocado. Guac or formally referred to Guacamole is a Mexican avocado dip that commonly eaten with tortilla chips. It is made by mashing up avocado to a desired consistency, lime juice and tomatoes. Avocado has been a favorite fruit because of its healthy benefits. Avocadoes are high in potassium, fiber, and else that are great to keep us healthy.
Consuming avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Avocados are also loaded with powerful antioxidants that can protect the eyes and it may also be great to prevent the serious health problem such as cancer. Totally, people who eat avocados that can be found in guac tend to be healthier. Well, without further ado, this is the guac recipe you can follow easily.
- 5 large Hass avocadoes
- 2 large limes (juice of)
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- ¾ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro (chopped finely)
- 1 large tomatoes (diced)
- Finely chopped fresh jalapeno (optional)
- Firstly, slice your avocados in half and discard the seed and the shell. Place it in a bowl.
- Then, add juice of one fresh lime immediately. The lime juice will prevent the avocados from browning.
- Mash it by using a fork to desired consistency.
- Add in chopped onions, tomato and cilantro. Mix it by stirring it gently.
- Then, add juice of the second lime. Add salt to taste and stir it slightly until incorporated. Add jalapeno also to taste.
- Serve your guac with your favorite tortilla chips for a dip. You can also serve it with your favorite Mexican dish.
Everyone can try this guac recipe at home because it is easy to make. Happy trying and happy cooking!