Best French Toast Recipe Ever
French toast referred to a dish made of bread soaked in milk and in beaten eggs and then fried. This dish is also known as eggy bread because its preparation is done by soaking slices of bread in a mixture of beaten eggs. This French toast is the most popular breakfast food on the west. A lot of nutrition can you get from French toast. Two slices of French toast may contain from 300 to 500 calories. It also a good source of carbohydrates, fiber and protein which is beneficial for you to start a day. Make sure that you make a great French toast by following this best French toast recipe.
- 8 slices brioche or white bread
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup (warmed)
- Firstly, combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in a small bowl. Then, set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch or may be 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Then, whisk together cinnamon mixture, egg, milk and also vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow container such as a pie plate.
- Dip your bread in the egg mixture.
- After that, fry the slices until golden brown. Then, flip to cook the other side.
- Serve it immediately with syrup.
This best French toast recipe will lead you to make 4 servings in around 30 minutes total. As the best recipe, this French toast is definitely delicious and perfect in texture. Besides, it is also easy to make. You can also choose another kind of bread you like such as pumpkin cobbler bread along with vegetable oil.