Best Creamy Coleslaw Recipe You Must Try
Salad lovers are absolutely familiar with the term coleslaw. Coleslaw is a salad consisting of finely-shredded raw cabbage and dressed with dressing. There are three most common salad dressings that people usually use for their coleslaw such as mayonnaise dressing, buttermilk dressing and sour cream dressing. All of the dressing is cut with some vinegar along with a bit sugar and salt. The best coleslaw to make is the creamy one. Let’s get started on this best coleslaw recipe.
Equipment You Will Need:
- Chef’s knife
- Large and small mixing bowls
- Food processor with a shredding blade
- 1 head green cabbage (shredded)
- 2 large carrots (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Spanish onion
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and carrots.
- Then, in a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, mustard, vinegar, celery salt, salt and pepper.
- Next, add the cabbage mixture. Mix it well to combine the ingredients.
- Add more salt, pepper or sugar if desired for the seasoning of your coleslaw.
This best coleslaw recipe is made by sour cream. Occasionally, people do not know exactly about how to make the cream better for the shredded cabbage and carrot. Well, for the sour cream dressing you will need to combine ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mayonnaise, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar and ¼ cup white wine vinegar or cider vinegar. You can also prepare it with the two others dressing such as mayonnaise dressing where the main ingredient is mayonnaise or the butter milk dressing.