Best Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Talking about chicken, I remember my mother’s dishes. When I was just a little kid, nothing was better for me than chicken dishes. My mother realized it and she made a number of chicken dishes. One of my favorite is chicken noodle soup. As I grow old, I make my own chicken noodle soup that will be the best recipe for you to try. Here is the best chicken noodle soup recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 6) chicken thighs, preferably bone-in
- 1 large yellow onion (peeled and diced)
- 3 stalks celery (diced)
- 3 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 to 3 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 to 2 quarts chicken stock,
- 1/2 pound noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 3 teaspoons salt
- In the Dutch oven, warm a teaspoon of oil over medium heat and add the onions, celery, and carrots along with a pinch of salt, cook it for about 3 to 5 minutes. Clear a space in the middle of the pan, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir it into the vegetables.
- Then, move the vegetables to the edges of the pan and warm the remaining teaspoon oil in the middle. Add chicken and fitting them into a single layer. Cook it without moving for 3 minutes for each side of the chicken thighs.
- Add the bay leaf and ½ teaspoon of salt to the pot. Pour in the one quart of the broth and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes in medium low heat.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate by using a slotted spoon. Shred the chicken by using two forks.
- Cook the pasta by bringing a pot of water to boil it. Salt the water and add the pasta. Drain.
- Then, return your shredded chicken to the soup and bring to a simmer. Add the noodle also to the soup. Remove the bay leaf, taste the food and season with salt and pepper.