Best Beef Stew Recipe Ever
Besides frying, boiling or grilling, stew is another amazing method in cooking. Technically, as we noted from Wikipedia, stew is a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. The ingredients are commonly including vegetables, meet, or beef.
Beef which becomes one of the favorite foods is very delicious if we make it into beef stew. There are two common types of meat-based stews such as white stews and brown stews. In this occasion, we are going to show you the brown one. Without further ado, here is the best beef stew recipe.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 onion (chopped fine)
- 1 carrot (chopped fine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup celery (finely chopped), with a few minced leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch thyme
- 3 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 onions (diced)
- In a large Ziploc bag, add flour, salt and pepper.
- Then, in a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Place the meat in the bag with the flour. Shake until well coated.
- Next, shake off meat pieces and add them to the oil. Stir it until slightly browned.
- Add remaining flour and the finely chopped onion. Stir until well browned.
- Add finely chopped carrot, finely chopped celery, dried parsley, pinch thyme and beef broth.
- Then, cover the cook over low heat for about 1 ½ hours. Remember to stir it every 15 minutes.
- Lastly, add diced potatoes, carrots and onions. Cook for another 45 minutes until the potatoes are tender.