Basic Meatloaf Recipe with the Best Sauce
Meat Loaf may be a singer but meatloaf is most people’s favorite dish. Technically, it is a dish of ground meat such as beef, lamb, pork or even seafood mixed with other ingredients. It is called meatloaf because the ground meat is formed into a loaf shape by either cooking it in a loaf pan or by hand. It can be baked or smoked easily. This basic meatloaf recipe will easily feed your family for dinner and lunch. Give it a try immediately.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chili sauce or ketchup
- ¼ cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- ¼ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup
- Firstly, heat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients except the chili sauce in a large bowl. Mix them well and press mixture firmly in ungreased 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- Then, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, top it with 3 tablespoons chili sauce. Return it to the oven and bake for additional 10 to 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked in center.
- Let it stand 5 minutes and remove from the loaf pan.
Meatloaf cannot be apart from its sauce. The basic meatloaf recipe above offers you the basic sauce as well. However, you can simply add another sauce more than just chili sauce. Here is the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- Simply combine all ingredients.
- Mix it well until everything is dissolved by using a whisk.
- You can add more or less water and brown sugar as your desire.
- Pour over the cooked meatloaf and continue baking like the step above.