Bahama Mama Cocktail Recipe
Summer is never perfect without any cocktail especially Bahama Mama. This kind of drink is believed as one of the best tropical cocktails and it is also popular as a beach drink. From its name, it is absolutely a Bahamian alcoholic beverage. One thing that makes Bahama Mama popular is because it has a sweet and fruity taste. The original recipe of Bahama Mama may contain rum, coffee liqueur, pineapple juice, lemon juice and others. The time you need to prepare it is just a few minutes and never be more than that. Without further ado, here is the Bahama Mama Recipe.
- ½ fluid ounce rum
- ½ fluid ounce grenadine
- ½ fluid ounce coconut rum
- 1 fluid ounce pineapple juice
- 1 fluid ounce orange juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Strawberry or cherry (for garnish)
- The step is so easy and it just feels like a magic. In an electric blender, simply combine the regular rum, coconut rum flavoring, grenadine, pineapple juice, orange juice, and crushed ice. Then, blend them until the drink’s consistency is slushy.
- Pour it into a Collins glass and garnish with either strawberry or cherry if desired. Beside Collins glass, you can also serve it in Highball glass.
That’s all about the recipe. It will be the quickest way to chill in a hot summer. It is also a great drink to be served by people who live in tropical countries. Bahama Mama has some variations. The grenadine is not added directly to blender or shaker sometimes if you want to make Bahama Mama Sunrise. Instead, it is added after the drink has been poured into a glass. You can also do some variation to this drink like substituting the pineapple juice with cranberry or grape juice. Happy cooking!